AEF Camps have an exciting overnight program. It also represents a milestone for many campers including:
- First time away from home without family
- Experience living in a community, sharing, caring, and respecting
- Formation of lifelong bonds and friendships
- Learning to be more independent, mature, and self confident
Campers stay in clean, spacious, air conditioned rooms – helping to provide an atmosphere conducive to comfort, forming friendships, and learning. Campers attending Overnight Camp receive all the benefits from the day camp programs plus a whole set of additional skills including:
- Getting ready in the morning (getting dressed, brushing teeth, breakfast, cleaning room)
- Preparing for bed time (showering, cleaning bathroom, clothes in hamper, towel hung up
- Laundry (washing, drying, operating washer/dryer, folding, putting away laundry
- Packing (learning to pack for a day outing, evening, or overnight trip)
- Planning (thinking ahead, predicting, being prepared)
- Shopping (preparing menu, grocery lists, purchasing items, preparing meal)
- Cleaning (cleaning room, bathroom, dining area, shower area)
- Budgeting (learning how to budget money, spend effectively, and appreciate the value of a dollar)
- Being part of a family system (sharing rooms, bathrooms, electronics) and more!
Evening activities (from BBQ at the beach to Movies and the mall) provide a summer full of fun. The camp culminates with an overnight trip to Disney World or Bush Gardens.
- **Overnight Camp includes enrollment in any one of AEF’s summer day programs
- **Nutritious menus are planned and special dietary considerations are available.